St Peter, Broughton, Staffordshire
St. Peter's at Broughton was built by Thomas Broughton in 1630-34 as a chapel for Broughton Hall, which was being restored and extended at that time. It was built on the site of an earlier chapel. It is thought that the chapel was used exclusively by the family until 1711 when other local gentry worshipped there. Later it became the church for the nearby hamlets.
Sarah was a widow from 1918 until 1971